My first Book Review- Open Minds


 
Title: Open Minds (Book One of the Mindjack Trilogy)
Author: Susan Kaye Quinn
Summary by Amazon:
Sixteen-year-old Kira Moore is a zero, someone who can't read thoughts or be read by others. Zeros are outcasts who can't be trusted, leaving her no chance with Raf, a regular mindreader and the best friend she secretly loves. When she accidentally controls Raf's mind and nearly kills him, Kira tries to hide her frightening new ability from her family and an increasingly suspicious Raf. But lies tangle around her, and she's dragged deep into a hidden underworld of mindjackers, where having to mind control everyone she loves is just the beginning of the deadly choices before her.
Review:
This story is set in the future, where after many generations, almost everyone in the world develops the ability to read minds at puberty. It follows a 16 year old, Kira, who is one of the rare exceptions to that rule, and never developed that ability.
Come to find out, she has a new ability, which the government is trying to keep secret. She cannot read everyone’s mind, she can control them; she is called a mind jacker.
It follows her as she gets captured by the FBI, sent to a camp specifically for jackers, attempts to escape and tries hold the government accountable for their actions.
I only started reading this book after I saw a friend on goodreads had reviewed it, and when I looked at it, I fell in love with the cover! (AMAZING cover!) The book immediately captured my attention and held on to it. There were many twists and events that I had never expected to happen. The book was very well-written, and I just couldn’t seem to put it down. It had action, humor, sadness, and even some romance. Not to mention, the premise of the story was unique and captivating!
I give this book 4.6 stars and if you like some YA sci-fi/paranormal dystopian romance, you will love this book!

Comments

  1. This is on my wishlist, waiting for the next time I'm in the mood for sci-fi. Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Well, it is a very good book! you wont be disappointed!

      Delete
  2. YES! I loved reading this book; I agree. Nice twists and turns. The sequel is now out too, CLOSED HEARTS!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know! i just finished the sequel too! Another great book. The only problem now... we have to wait for the final book to come out! :(

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting my site!
-Theresa

*I LOVE BOOKS!*

Popular posts from this blog

Instagram + Giveaway

My First GUEST POST

My first Guest Post!!!