Review- Fairytale, Fairies of Rush



Title: Fairytale, Fairies of Rush
Author: Maggie Shayne
 Rating- 3 stars
Summary from Amazon:
As a boy, Adam Reid stumbled into an enchanted forest-and met a magical lady who showed him his destiny. Now he is a sober and serious adult. And memories have faded of a childhood event that could not possibly have occurred...could it?
Brigit Malone is on a mission-a dangerous, larcenous quest that leads the mysterious lovely into Adam Reid's home...and heart. For sparks fly when her warm ebony gaze meets his sapphire stare--and a passionate enchantment binds them with invisible chains. But it would be insane for Adam to believe Brigit's arrival had been foretold--or that the sensuous minx is truly half-fairy--even as they travel together down an impossible path toward a dire peril only the magic of love could overcome.
Review:
When I bought this book, I thought it was a YA novel. I don’t know why I thought that, I suppose because I have been reading so much YA, and it’s a fairy novel… Im really not sure though. That being said, it was NOT a YA novel. There are some curse words, and there is some sexuality, so be warned.
As far as the plot, I loved the plot! The story was unique, having a long lost twin sister that you aren’t even sure exists… That was different and great. The romance was nice… Bridgit had been dreaming about Adam since she was 9 years old, which really is creepy to have love dreams about a man when you are only 9. And Adam had been dreaming about her, since he was 7 when he first entered Rush, where he saw a vision of his fate and of Bridgit. So when they finally meet, they instantly fall in love. Which usually I don’t like, but since they had “known” each other for years before, it kinda made sense.
The writing was really good, but there was just TOO much of it. I skimmed over many pages because everything was so repetitive. So much of the same… I love him/her, but I can’t love him/her. And even though I love him/her, nothing will change. It was too much. The author could have cut out SO much of that.
Overall I would have given this story a 4 or more based on the story line, but since I skimmed such a large amount of the book I have to drop it down to 2.5 stars. I was very let down, and though there is a sequel, I will not be reading it.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Instagram + Giveaway

My First GUEST POST

My first Guest Post!!!