Review- Bane



Title: Bane (Coven Series #2)
Author: Trish Milburn


Summary:
To protect those she loves from herself, Jax will leave them all behind. She’ll risk everything in a desperate search for answers.
Her past put them all in danger, forcing a confrontation with the dark covens. In a life-and-death battle to save those she loved from the covens, Jax gained staggering power. Power so intense, so dangerous, she fears the darkness that now dwells inside her like a living thing. If she can’t control the power, she may yet become as evil as the witches she conquered.

With her cousin Egan, Jax leaves all she’s built and heads for the one place that might hold the answers she desperately needs to hold back the darkness—Salem, Massachusetts. Her research unearths a shocking discovery: the Bane, a secret group of witches dedicated to thwarting the covens.

Jax desperately needs their help in her fight against the covens, but finding the Bane is easier said than done and takes all her skills and courage. As Jax gets closer, her dark powers began rise and control her actions. If she succumbs to the darkness, Jax may have as much to fear from the Bane as the evil covens and the determined hunter on her trail.

Review:
Bane starts off right where White Witch stops. It has been a long while since I read White Witch, so Im glad I skimmed back through it. I feel that without reading the first book, you might be lost in reading this one.
That being said, the action started right away. Jax and Egan have left those they love (Toni and Keller) behind to try and keep them safe and now are on a mission to try and take down the Covens. You learn so much back history about the witch’s and the covens, and I loved how Trish ties the Salem witches into the story.
I was SUPER glad that Keller and Toni end up being there for the majority of the book again, I would have been super bummed if they hadn’t been.
I will say that I was annoyed that the main bad guy in this book isn’t brought up until ¾ of the way through the book. I thought they were fighting the Covens, but they didn’t even make an appearance.
Also, Im not digging the war of good/evil going on inside Jax. But that’s ok… I guess that to add tension to the story.
Overall, the story was just as good as the first and I really enjoyed it!
Rating: 3.5 Stars
Thank you to Netgalley for this book.


Dont forget to enter my first giveaway

Comments

  1. This book sounds intriguing- annoying about lack of bad guy though! I love a good villain who I can really hate on! x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think the "back cover" is a little vague... I'd like to know more about "them" and why the covens are so bad. But thanks for the review!

    And it's nice to make your virtual acquaintance, Mrs. Jones. :) Per your question, I'm not published yet (believe me, you would know if I were!). Just still in that aspiring stage.

    I like all your team badges, btw.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, you really have a lack of knowledge if you dont read the first book first.

      Well, hopefully you will be published one day (and mee too!!)

      And... I like my badges too! ;)

      Thanks for stopping by!

      Delete

Post a Comment

Thank you SO much for visiting my site!
-Theresa

*I LOVE BOOKS!*

Popular posts from this blog

Instagram + Giveaway

My First GUEST POST

My first Guest Post!!!